Wednesday 19 February 2014

A filling and super nutritious breakfast

Overnight Oats seem to be everywhere I look at the moment and after coming across them last year via Pinterest and making them a few times it dawned on me that they would be the perfect solution to my current breakfast dilemma - trying to open milk bottles/cereal boxes or spread stuff on to toast one handed! Overnight oats are so easy to prepare and when I get up at stupid o'clock all I have to do is grab them out of the fridge and retreat to my pit. 
So, phase 1 of Operation Healthy Mummy: eat a filling and super nutritious breakfast every day. Starting today. 



These are my Fruity Chia Oats (oats, chia seeds, almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract layered with a strawberry, mango and honey purée topped with chia seeds and pecans) and they were absolutely delicious! I downloaded the Deliciously Ella app after coming across her on Instagram and loved the idea of layering the oats with fruit purée as in her recipe for Overnight Strawberry Chia Oats. It's so refreshing and fab for using up small amounts of leftover fruit. I find these keep pretty well so I made 2 lots and have some for tomorrow as well. I'm currently feeling very organised and smug!!!
I've loved reading Ella's blog and find her food philosophy really inspiring, the app is beautiful and the pictures are mouthwatering!

No comments:

Post a Comment