Monday 24 February 2014

Phase 1 Progress


Well the breakfast thing has been going pretty well, there are so many variations you can do with overnight oats that I don't think I'll be getting bored of them anytime soon!!  
I also tried a chia seed pudding (from Deliciously Ella) which was very simple to make and tasted really creamy and delicious.

On Saturday I was desperate for something sweet and sugary after being up all night with TrumpyPants, usually I'd have attacked the biscuit tin but I knew I had everything in the cupboard to make the Bannoffee Pie from Ella's app so I got the magimix out and had a go- they were very quick to make and ridiculously sweet and satisfying. I'll definitely be making it again!! 

On Sunday my husband made bacon sandwiches, I don't know what it is about the smell of cooking pig flesh but there was no resisting it!!! It tasted amazing but I felt the need to make up for it health wise so I made a fruit smoothie. 

And so to phase 2 of Operation Healthy Mummy- have a smoothie every day, including at least 3 green vegetable smoothies a week. I've seen lots of fab recipes that I can't wait to try. I want to start using things like Spirulina, Wheatgrass and Acai powders but I'm going to ask my GP first in case it will have any effects on my breast milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment